Tuesday, March 07, 2006

..When I am God, Everyone Dies...




Why are some days in life like this -- when one can sense something cooking in the horizon. Well i dont know how to explain this, but probably an unconscious connecting of issues could point to some answers.

So here we go:

a. Last night, after my econometrics class i was mighty tired and wavey. It suddenly dawned on me that i am so damn far away from home, and maa's food that nothing nothing at all can come and give me some solace, in the life i lead. The particular econometrician's work that we were discussing, i learnt later, Abraham Wald had died in a plane crash while visiting India. For death, was it then, that I yearned for Indian food! -- some spicy food -- and resorted to a rather shady version in an Indian restaurant here. Spending $ 8, which to me, a graduate student is a luxury indeed.

b. The night ended with a long sleep, and i again, much to my own disliking over this other self of mine, managed to skip a class in the morning. I dont know, why i am not able to control this rampant other myself! Everytime i do, it gets the better of me, i had fixed an alarm of 8 in the morning to be on time for today's 9 o clock class and yet slept till 1.45 in the afternoon!

c. After that, eating some random stuff, I come out, board a bus, and inside, i find a student wearing this t-shirt titled: it doesnt matter if the curtains doesnt match up to the carpet. Quite anticipatedly, such a line got me thinking, what it could mean, who could be the curtain and who the carpet, and how i could relate it to my own personal life.

d. Alight from the bus, enter the Indian store for my daily single cigarette before school, and there on the TV, i hear this song. The same song, which was the caller tune in her cell phone. I was affected mightily last night, and this song, again, reminded me, that you, if you are reading this, must be thinking about me. Tried i, rather helplessly to control myself, not to buy a calling card to call you, what else could i do?

e. Come out, walk from the Indian store, to school, again i see three things. The time was afternoon, around 3ish, but the moon could be seen in the clear blue sky, though it was a mighty sunny day..I revelled at how it managed to retain its light despite its cosmic counterpart's brightness...My eyes came down, i noted an american old couple, ditching the signal and crossing through, calm confidence in each other's hands, a car breezed through, they peaceful in each other's fingers. I was touched, sighed and walked on to school.

f. Suddenly I found a young chap crossing the streets. Emblazoned, in his back, these following lines.

And they, shall be the lines with which i shall end this post of today..i know i am not, but still cant help but finish with these lines..


~When I am God, Everyone Dies.

No comments: