Tuesday, August 31, 2004

--- The Time ---

There is a time in everybody's life, when he sits in a closed room, which has a sprinkling of moonlight peeping through, the flame in your hand, and the music filling the room with a strange beautitude.

That is the time when one wants to cry his or her heart out. Especially when songs like "Heaven only Knows" is being reverberated around the corners of the four walls. That was the time for me last night.

ALone, i tried to cry. But the efforts were in vain. Not an iota or a droplet seeped through. In frustation i took up my pen. My ink. Wanted to desperately write something. And the only poem that came out was "My tears have dried up now".

Sometimes i start thinking, that how come others, get all the good luck in the world. How come my work goes unrecognised. Come on, did i give enough. Or am i chasing things expecting that with moderate levels of effort, benchmarked with external indices i will get the returns of others.

That has never been my way. Performance is quite unlinked with rewards in my scheme of things. Dadu bolto shob shomoy, kormonye vaa dheekarasthe maa faleshu kadachan.

Its that time of my life when i should wake up, start the walk again. the walk defined by my own path. my own benchmarks my own dreams.

Lets do it again, buddy, for a change irreverent to what is happening outside.

TIll then as the spanish say, un abrazo to all..a hug to all.

cheers n love.
`thechild

No comments: