Sunday, August 08, 2004

its easy to be good with good men...not so easy to be good with bad men

yup...thats what mom repeatedly said to me...last saturday night...and where was i? sitting in goa, on an official trip, riding on an organisation's money and the ET brand name to enjoy my time.

the jacuzzi in the hotel was awesome! so was the peace in the environs..i think the best part of goa is the irreverence with which it exists..it has its own pace, its own pristine beauty, nothing is hurried there, the seas roll along the beaches, the fish sellers sell their stuff, everybody is so blissfully satisfied with their existence.

but the jacuzzi reminded me of the well where we used to have our childhood baths back in belur at grandpa's place. how lives change isnt it, sometimes i wonder about my people back home, and the kind of existence they have, am i getting away from all of them becos of these stuff.

anyways, talking to maa was a revelation..shes really really a darling, no two doubts about it...one she said she was talking to me, while looking at my childhood pic, so true isnt it, i might be grown up to the world, to my mom i am still the toddler..its so true! and then, she talked about the fact, when i used to be "always happy"...i knew that there was this existence of mine, cavalier, and carefree, but then life has made me quite introvertish isnt it! that essentially means i am allowing my spirit to be overawed by the externalities...no way, gotta get back to old ways. and then finally, she said those lovely words taking a cue from baba, how its so easy to be good with good men, but not that easy to be good with bad men...

i think the essence in that is the fact that one has a tremendous belief in oneself, in one's domain of activity, thus not needing to take crutch from anybody else! so that means, good or bad, people are always people, shared organisms with whom we exist in this world..and finally, who r we to make judgements about the choices to be good or bad others have made in life...quite cool thought that was...


thats abt it in this blog update. returning back from goa, i laid out my place, the kitchen n stuff are done, i think i need to settle out my financial outgoings and life is going to take the trudge ahead..

profs whom i am mailing say that i have impressive credentials for a phd. but does that matter. i think what matters is the walk, and i gotta take it, for there is this quite deep urge in me to give it all away, and to float around in life, just becos "all comes out even at the end of the day"....but given that i am my kinds, and i would need my peaceful sleep at the end of life, i need to do justification to my existence and abilities.

more focus, more planning, better control..and life will move along. gotta tell sis that while 83.4 % is a good percentile to start fighting for the CAT preps, yet its not the end of the road. in cat preps u dont benchmark with history or with competition, u benchmark only with urself. try to assess that u r giving ur best, and finally, that u r able to recreate ur bestest in those 2 hrs of exams...

at the very end...the lyrics of this song by bobby mcferrin.



Here's a little song, I wrote
I might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy
Every life we has some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy ho…
(Don't worry, be happy yeah)
Uh uh uh uh don't worry be happy….(4x)
I arco place who lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
Hey may have to lit the gate
Don't worry, be happy (look at me I'm happy)
Uh uh…,don't worry, be happy
(I give you my phone no.
When you worried call me
I make you happy) oh…
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
In gumble gull to make you smile
But don't worry, be happy
Coz when you worry your face will frown
In that will bring everybody damn
So don't worry, be happy…(5x)

Now then, this song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
(Like good to children) don't worry, be happy
Listen to what I say in your life inspect some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy........

No comments: