Saturday, October 29, 2005

...Candles for Reds and Keta..




Candles
--------
The days of our future stand in front of us
like a row of little lit candles --
golden, warm, and lively little candles.

The days past remain behind us,
a mournful line of extinguished candles;
the ones nearest are still smoking,
cold candles, melted, and bent.

I do not want to look at them; their form saddens me,
and it saddens me to recall their first light.
I look ahead at my lit candles.

I do not want to turn back, lest I see and shudder
at how fast the dark line lengthens,
at how fast the extinguished candles multiply.


~Cavafy@hisbest


reds and keta were at home.
friday and saturday.
they were, we were together after 4 long years.
we have quietened, celebrating reds' b'day with no usual gusto..
reds is looking with all pure innocence to his marriage, keta seems lost and for a bad change, not like his risk prone usual self.
and if u thought, how these two, were some of the most, good and boisterous souls back in college.

life, its candles, and what it has done to them..just a short prayer for them today.

may the force love and bless u.

`aquietchild.

No comments: