Sunday, May 07, 2006

| Smiles gone Grey |




I have been asked
to write a poem on the colour grey
Not black, nor white
but which lies in between, grey

And all i can think of
to start with greying hair,
grey school trouser a decade ago
or the grey clouds embracing my sky's home

The poet, me
feels like a child
Asking me, she has vanished
Into her greys, me here in black and white

A dozen things in this world
are in those two colours
but for those three blind men
coming down from the train

the station before mine
in the last city i lived,
they i know, knew not grey,
neither black or white

Colours, grey, black,
white, or those of the rainbow,
do they carry much meaning?
or it is about how they are splashed at you

On a tottering easel
and splintered drawing board
modern painting they might say
But she and I

Having seen the greys
the blacks, the whites
knowing, what it was,
Smiled..

I had been asked
to write a poem on the colour grey
Not black nor white
but that which lies in between, grey

And we smiled
our smiles now, grey..

~Amen..

No comments: