Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Rose.....

I can see you mother earth how you cried when the rain treated you casually,
And vanished from your world after hours of walking together and years of sharing jokes

I can see you mother earth you erecting a wall around yourself,
And changed yourself from the bubbly girl to one more serious and not-wanting of friends

I can see you mother earth how you have still not been able to come across it all,
the way everything ended, the way you gave it all, and somebody treated it like a rag,

I can see you mother earth that perhaps you cry inside, and wish
the tear drop finds its deserved place under the sun,

I can see you mother earth that you have been a rose, now wilting under the sun
And how desperately you yearn for some moisture, to soften your burning core

I am nobody but perhaps the wind, who sweeps your surface, eroding layer by layer
hoping to reach your core, just to reach the tear-drop, not to own it, not to flood it,
But just to hold it with me and carry it along as i blow along in a prayer...

No comments: