Monday, February 07, 2011

When will the time come?

Not now, not yet..
the time hasn't yet come
the writer tells him in solemnity;
didn't you once read somewhere
that you should 'let the world
change yourself, and you will
change the world'..

And only then,
you can pick the pen up,
be done with the room's lights,
light up the candle,
peer out the window,
and in the dead darkness of night,
start with what you want to
share with me..

Not now, not yet..
The time hasn't yet come
for you to board my ship;
but i know you are keen
and a student of my trade
so i will keep you in mind
and if there is a calling one day,
i will send you a red herring..

Tend to it,
nurture it carefully,
and then sit beside it
as it playfully jousts around
in the aquarium, to
jot down your misery
and stories of life..

And things you want to share
and those you don't,
even those, lace it around the
herring's heart,

I will be waiting,
for it to come back to me..
with the words of yours
and if i like them,
i will take them along with
me and my herring..

On the journey of a lifetime..

Till then,
not now, not yet, my friend..
the time hasn't yet come..
try one more time to be embraced
not with my life, but theirs
and i will wait to hear
more good or bad news from you..

Whichever way,
it doesn't matter,
it never mattered,
the sailing is always a emotionless
journey, and you will know by then
so too is writing..

Till then..
not now, not yet my friend..
the time hasn't yet come..

No comments: