Thursday, January 27, 2011

An ode to a nameless bird

On these occasions
in loneliness and sadness
when i am all by myself
having traveled from god alone knows
where, and going to now, i don't know
where, i am left hurt, bruised and broken.

I know, the events
have not been all about me,
i have been blessed,
in many ways than i would have
not imagined and yet
somewhere within me
the fact that i deserved
better, if not as a matter of my skills
but just as a matter of a person

makes me wonder
if there is at all
on this earth,
be it snow or rain,
day or darkness,
any more value of being
good, being true, being honest
and caring for others..

values, maa and pa
taught me while growing up
but now it seems they have
all been reconciled into the
unknown dust, in that archive
of a lofty library..

Here's to life, love, and longing then..
and also to that unknown speckle of dust
take care, my good friend
i will see you again
in some other world,
in some other life,
as some other living being perhaps..

A bird maybe?
Nonchalant about boundaries
Ignorant about politics
Reverent only to innocence
Faithful only to your wings..

Under which i will hide
that dust, which in this life
maa and pa, old souls,
passed on to me..

now am old too..
And time has passed by in a mellow whisker.

No comments: