Saturday, June 18, 2005

A poem..Shabby One..after a long time..

this one is almost like a morning erotica..who can say where the mind's gone where the heart's gone...only time!!


Giving me Company -- Between Dawn and Sunrise-------------------------------------------

Just before dawn, with the single crow or the howling dog
My open eyes and ears would have mistaken it
for any time of the day, had it not been
for that lone twitching bird giving me company

The sun not yet risen, the moon still not faded,
the sky clad in the same colour of white and ash and pale blue
In which clouds cast a loom visiting places early monsoon
Today it was you in a saree - the same hue the same shades

Calling me taking me somewhere in between my dreams
and open awakenings And though i could not see you,
but just your sad eyes and black hair,
I did not stop myself .

My mouth moved first around your neck and ears
it crawled into the chin as you stroked the hair
of a thirsty child seeking your refuge, and while nobody or nothing stopped us,
at ur nipples u spurted blood and milk

I moved my tongue it grazing down
ur open stomach towards ur navels -- you sighed
as i made small circles around its darkness
your saree carefully astray, laid aside, you and me still not fully naked.

Did that matter as u called me up by now,
the same name, the same voice, urging me,
my mouth, to come up, between your ridge up across your chin
just around your lips for the final touch of moss and thirst

The sun had risen, joined in those single howlings and screechings,
of the dog and the crow by many others of their ilk
but that single twitching bird,
giving me company till now, had gone, nowhere to be seen.

No comments: