Thursday, November 11, 2004

"Tomorrow Never Dies..."

Or perhaps they do...just about a year back it was diwali here in bombay. It was blazing in the night skies, crackers and all, and i was all alone. People with whom i was staying had gone with their friends to enjoy diwali. I was waiting in office to get a round up from my paper's editor as to why he found my work not to be satisfactory enough!

A year has gone by, not the Venus like year on Earth terms, where 200 odd earth years, make up one, but a year mundane in its existence of the seasons and the months and the same people and the same work has gone by.

I am sitting again on a diwali evening on the same computer, writing up my blog. Well tis one is for new for i am sure but then its a great company.

Tomorrow never dies...or perhaps they do.


People are leaving my work place in drones. Exit modes. I am here thinking that well i will be able to do justice to my dreams of a phd, by applying properly. The laptop thing is stuck again, now i have even stopped bickering about it. It will come when it has to come.

Nice mails, from known unknown faces on the eve of diwali...fail to spur me up. last night father's broken voice almost awakened me up to a realisation that i got to be mature and not talk to him as if he is my shield in my life, professionally or money wise all the time. I kept myself shut abt the buying plans or the money that will flow out of my cofferrs in the coming days.

3 days of holidays, i am sure they will pass in a whisker.
- Some of my friends are busy preparing for their marriage.
- Some others are trying to settle out life by shifting from one vehicle (read jobs) to another.
- Some others still planning up to go home catch up on old times.
- SOme other have decided to move on to a getaway. With familiar or unfamiliar faces. How does familiarity matter anyways.

And me, am i special, i wonder, have decided to treat life pretty much in a routine manner. Interesting naa! well lets hope i can do justice to my applications, to my writing, to my plans for settling out my finances and buys and keep a cheer on my face.

Wish u a lot of happy, diwali, dhanteras, kalipujo, bhaifhota, bhai dhuj etc...all the festivities and occasions galore that mark this time of the year in India.

So long then adios my dear mate.

`theevolvingchild

No comments: